Friday, November 20, 2009

Adult world


I realized this morning that Paxton really lives in an adult world. Especially when he thinks his stuffed bear is his best friend. He was sharing his food and holding the bear's hand and talking to him like he was real. Being the only grandchild on both sides leaves him with no cousins to play with. I try to get him together with other kids when possible but for the most part he hangs out with mom and dad. I guess I know the solution for that would be having another baby. But I just cant bring myself to terms with being pregnant right now. And somedays Paxton really pushes my patience and then I think I am crazy for even entertaining the idea of another one. If your a mom Im sure you know the feeling. This week he has been sleeping horrible and getting up 2 times a night. I cant remember being this tired and I dont even have a newborn in the house. I guess I am just used to sleeping like 9 hours a night straight. I realize how selfish that sounds and maybe I just need to jump in feet first and go for it.

2 comments:

The Montys said...

I completely understand! Earlier this year I really wanted another baby, but now I am so grateful for all of this time with Holdyn. And my 3 hour naps during his naps! And all of my free time after he goes to bed! It's okay to be this selfish because life will never be this easy again, so take advantage of it! Preschool is right around the corner and then he'll have plenty of playmates :)

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

I hear ya on the baby thing!!!!