Tuesday, February 23, 2010

At home

I am sitting at home in the middle of a Tuesday. Which is unusual for me because I work 8:30 -5. But my poor little boy was up all night with 104 temp and throwing up. So I made him an appt to take him to the doctor. I dropped him off at my mother in laws at 8:15 like normal and told her I would be back at 10. She offered to take him to the doctor but I felt like I am always pawning my motherly dutys off on someone just so we can make a little extra money. But lately I have realized life is too short and my little boy is going to be 2 soon and the time has flown by. I have myself wondering have I been a good mom? Have I played with him enough? Does he know I love him more than anything? Sometimes I just get to wrapped up in the wordly things. Am I skinny enough? Did I work out today? Is the house clean and laundry done? All these things have been bothering me lately. And I didnt realize that I probably miss out on alot of things. My mother in law has been watching Paxton twice a week since he was 6 weeks. And a few weeks ago she said she needed more time for herself and wasnt going to be able to watch him as often. And at first I was mad, but then I realized I am the mom. Paxton is my priority and it is about time I start acting like it. My mother in law raised her kids as a stay at home mom and its not her responsibility to raise mine. So lately I have dropped everything for him. So here I sit and he has finally fallen asleep and looks so peaceful. And instead of stressing that work isnt going to survive without me or that I am not going to get to go to the gym today on my lunch break. I am going to count my blessings that I have Paxton in my life and spend every second with him because there is going to be a time when he doesnt want me to hold him anymore. Or lay in bed with me when he isnt feeling well. I am grateful for him and my wonderful husband.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey Ashlee! Just know you're not alone, I am constantly battling those feelings and re-prioritizing. It's such a hard thing to balance. There is no ONE right answer. Wouldn't it much easier if there was?

Sam Jo said...

You go mamma! You should be proud of yourself! You are obvious;y giving him everything you can. Dont get yourself down!

Unknown said...

Thanks for that post! I felt that way a couple of weeks ago and changed my attitude about things too. I hope Paxton feels better and you are such a great mom!

Kennedy said...

Ashley, this post seriously made me cry...I am constantly wondering the same things! Well put! I am sure you are a great mom, and you can tell Paxton loves you so much!!!