Monday, January 12, 2009

Anxiety!

Ok so Paxton has been way sick since Tuesday. So I have been just staying home with him and taking care of him. Wednesday he woke up from his nap with a temperature of 102 so I started to stress a little. So I called his doctor and talked to the nurse and she said to just watch it and bring him in the morning if it got worse. Well about 8:30 that night he felt like he was burning up so we took his temp again and it was 104.3 so by this point Im freaking out. Well we called the doctor on call and she said to cool him down and give him some tyenol and bring him in the morning. So hear I am freaking out all night and checking on him like every hour. Because he seriously was the most lathargic little boy ever. Which for anyone who knows him well enough knows that he is so busy. Well he was still running 104 temp in the morning so I took him to the doctor and they checked to see if he had and ear infection. Nope not that so then they took a flu test and nope not that either. Last they took a test to see if he had RSV and yup that came back positive. So I have not left the house since then. I havent wanted him to go out and get more sick or be around any of our friends who have babies because I would hate myself if any of them got sick. Well when I decided that I wasnt going anywhere for the weekend I thought I would get lots done but nope he only wants me to hold him all day long. I tried to do a few things and he would just crawl around behind me tugging on my leg crying. Well luckily this morning he is feeling loads better. I had to lower his crib this weekend and this pic is him looking through the bars because now he has a harder time pulling himself up. But finally to the anxiety part Brandon and I are leaving for 9 days on friday and we are leaving Paxton behind. I have been stressing because I have never been away from him over night and I am freaking out. My mom will be watching him and she is the greatest but that still doesnt calm my nerves. And I have got nothing done and I hope Paxton will be better so he will be good for my mom.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh No. I am so sorry that he is sick. That is not fun at all. Gavin was just like that and wanting me to hold him all day. He isn't sick anymore but he has two teeth coming in on the bottom that I can see so he has still been cranky and wants me to hold him. I hope he gets better before your trip. That would be hard. Have fun though. I am way jealous.

The Montys said...

I'm so sorry he's been so sick! There is nothing worse than seeing your baby so sick and not knowing if you’re doing the right things for him or not! Luckily you’re not leaving until Friday so you have all week for him to feel better. I bet by Friday he’ll be back to his normal self and you will have gotten this all out of the way so now you can have fun!! We’re going on vacation at the end of this month too and we’re bringing our laptop so we can webcam Holdyn. Trust me, I know what you’re going through! It’s so stressful to leave your baby for the first time 

That pic of him peeking out of his crib is so cute!

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

Bless his little heart! I am not looking forward to the day Emma gets sick! Where are you and Brandon going?

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

Close to Orlando. Florida is great this time of year. In the summer its so freaking hot you want to die.

Meganps said...

oh my goodness that is the saddest thing! i will hate it when luke gets sick and you just feel so helpless! how sad! we will definitely need to get together. I was going to say like next week but now we'll wait a little while! where are you going on your trip? i would be so nervous to leave luke behind - that is very brave of you!

Sam Jo said...

Poor little man. I can not beleive we wtill have not gotten togeher. For hecks sake we are 2 streets away! Have fun on your trip! I will keep the hood safe!