Saturday, June 6, 2009

5k!

Today I ran a 5k with my brother and my friend Bailey. The Salt Lake City Police department sponsered it and all of the proceeds went to the Shriners Hospital for children. So it was great to run for a good cause.
Here I am nearing the finish line and I finished in 31 minutes and 6 seconds. Which isnt the greatest time but was still good for me. Especially since a lot of it was a up hill.


Afterwards they had muffins, oranges, and gaterade. This was a really fun race and I cant wait until my 10k next month.

3 comments:

Meganps said...

yay! i am so proud of you - what an accomplishment. and you totally did it in the time you wanted!

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

That's right!!!!!! spreading the love of a k5!!!! I am basically obsessed with them after I ran my first!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! 31 minutes is pretty fast actually. When are you doing the 10k next month. I have been training for a 10k but don't know which one to do. I would love to run one with you.