Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

Ok so I love fall and the yummy foods that are perfect for the season. A couple of days ago I made the best pumpkin bread ever. Now Im not an amazing cook but I will say this turned out awesome and I am guilty of eating like an entire loaf by myself. I was going to share because I made 2 loafs but Brandon came in and said "I thought you made 2 loafs?" So anyway Im sharing the recipe because it is so yummy.

Pumpkin Bread
1 3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 c. melted butter
1/3 c. water
1 c. pumpkin
1 egg beaten
Mix first 7 ingredients in bowl and make a well in the center. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and then pour into the well of dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly and Bake at 350 for 1 hour. This only makes 1 loaf so I doubled it to make 2 loafs. You can also add chocolate chips but I really think its better without. Enjoy I know I did.

1 comment:

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

Thanks for sharing!!! I was actually wanting to make this the other day but never got around to it!!!