Monday, October 5, 2009

Dear Paxton

Dear Paxton, today I was never more ready when bedtime rolled around. I put you to bed at 7:45 and let you cry yourself to sleep. It took you about 10 minutes. But if I wouldnt have put you to bed I just might have completely lost my sanity. I love you so much but today was one of those days that you really tried my patience. We started out the day by 8:00 am and you had a very poopy diaper on. I went to throw it away and when I came back you had already climbed out the doggy door and were soaking wet and cold. You then decided that you needed to put all of the dog food into their water dish so the food was all soggy. I managed to make breakfast without too much trouble. While trying to clean up breakfast you insisted on climbing on the couch and putting both knees up on the banister which if you fell that is a good 8 foot drop to tile. Everytime I got you down and told you no you just went right back up there and turned and laughed. So the dishes will have to wait for you to go down for a nap. Finally by 11:30 I couldnt handle you anymore so I put you down for a nap and got to the dishes. Your nap was short lived you were up by 12:30. I decided I didnt want to make an effort to try and clean up after you so I let you have free reign of the house. Which is now a disaster. Finally I decided we needed to get out of the house. I sent you with daddy to grandmas and I got to get out and run. Which by the way is a great way to let out frustration. After I took you to the grocery store where you proceeded to scream up and down every isle. I swore I never would be one of those moms who let their kids cry in public and make a big scene. But unfortunately I just ignored you and finished my shopping because I didnt want to give in and open up food in the store that I had not bought yet. So when we got home I started to make dinner and you sat and screamed at my leg because I wasnt paying attention to you. I got you in your high chair and you decided you werent hungry and poured your glass of water all over and made a big mess. So I stuck you in your bed and let you cry. But now dinner is cleaned up and the house is quiet and after a few deep breaths I realize how much I love you but I am worn out for the day. Sleep well Paxton and please dont wake up before 8.

Love mommy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have those days quite a bit. You are such a good mom though.

Karlie said...

Love it! We mothers sympathize with you. And I love hearing other kids cry and scream at the grocery store it makes me feel so much better when mine are doing the same.