Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting to be a big boy


So this morning I got up and I looked at the clock and it was 9:20 and usually Paxton is awake by now and I couldn't hear him making any noises. So I thought I would check on him because usually he is in there talking to himself and laughing, so I opened the door and my sweet boy had pulled himself up on the crib. Now at first I just thought oh my gosh I have got to lower your crib mattress I don't want you to try and get out and fall. Then I thought I have to go get my camera look how cute you are just peering over the crib looking at me with those big blue eyes. After that then my next thought was where did my cute little helpless boy go that completely depends on me for everything. I almost wanted to cry because it feels like yesterday that I just brought you home from the hospital. And now you are 8 months and getting so big. Man I love you Paxton I don't know what my life would be without you.

6 comments:

The Montys said...

That is a darling picture! You just wait! It only gets sadder the older they get :(

Meganps said...

oh my goodness! where did those big blue eyes come from anyway?? he is just darling! so..now that christmas is over i think its about time we get together....what do you think? do you have times/days that are better than others?

Unknown said...

Wow what a smart little boy. He is way further than Gavin in his development. It is sad when they do get to that stage where you can see that they can do it by themselves and don't need your help anymore.

Unknown said...

I know it makes you sad that he is getting so big, but just enjoy watching him grow! He is so stinking cute, I can't wait until Steele starts sitting up on his own and all that other stuff!

Meganps said...

ok well my phone number is 599-5030 so you can just call or text me and we can figure out a time to get together!

Breinholt Gang said...

cleveI remember that day when I saw Connelly stand up for the first time. It is sad. Now, Connelly is taking steps. i can't believe it.